Monopoly in the 20th Century: Roosevelt Warns of Concentrated Wealth and Fascism (Excerpt)Historians/History
tags: political history, fascism, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Monopoly, Oligarchy, antitrust
Thom Hartmann is a progressive national and internationally syndicated talk show host. Talkers magazine named him America's most important progressive host and has named his show one of the top ten talk radio shows in the country every year for over a decade. His book The Hidden History of Monopolies: How Big Business Destroyed the American Dream will be released on August 25.
Reprinted from The Hidden History of Monopolies with the permission of Berrett-Koehler Publishers. Copyright © 2020 by Thom Hartmann.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Quiet 2013 Lunch That Could Have Altered Supreme Court History
- It’s Not Anti-Catholic to Ask Amy Coney Barrett About Her Religious Group “People of Praise”
- The Incredible Influence of James A. Baker III
- ‘Schitt’s Creek’ Star, and His Fans, Are Taking Indigenous Studies
- Amy Coney Barrett and the Triumph of Phyllis Schlafly
- Re-Watching ‘The Civil War’ During the Breonna Taylor and George Floyd Protests
- Why New Mexico’s 1680 Pueblo Revolt Is Echoing in 2020 Protests
- The Problem of Confederate Statues on U.S. Public Lands
- Alonso Perales May be the Most Important Mexican American Civil Rights Figure that No One Knows
- The Red Scare and Women in Government