Harvard Law Professor Susan Crawford argues that the regulatory system for electric utilities established by Franklin Roosevelt in the 1930s is a model for necessary reforms to the telecommunicatins industry to ensure all Americans can access the internet.
SOURCE: LA Times
The Monopoly game was the brainchild of a woman named Lizzie Magie at the turn of the 20th century.
SOURCE: The New Republic
by Jen Doll
The surprising origins of a beloved board game
- Santae Tribble, Whose Wrongful Conviction Revealed FBI Forensic Hair Match Flaws, Dies at 59
- Crowd Rallies to Keep Confederate Memorial in Downtown St. Augustine
- As Divisions Threaten America, The Pressure To Cancel Presidents Is Dangerous
- Trump is Going All In on Divisive Culture Wars. That Might not Work this Time.
- Redskins, Indians and the Long Push to Drop Native American Mascots
- How to Confront a Racist National History
- The Politics of Race are Shifting, and Politicians are Struggling to Keep Pace
- Trump’s Push to Amplify Racism Unnerves Republicans who have Long Enabled Him
- The Day the White Working Class Turned Republican (Review)
- David Starkey Criticised over Slavery Comments