Officials say Henry Kissinger is the target of a $150,000 assassination plot in 1977Breaking News
tags: Henry Kissinger
A die-hard clique of Israeli right-wingers has put out a $150,000 “contract” for the assassination of Secretary of State Kissinger, according to high State Department officials. The money to hire one or more foreign hitmen was reportedly paid in advance.
The nature of the threat was disclosed after President Ford asked congressional leaders earlier this week to help work out a way for Kissinger to keep his Secret Service bodyguards after he leaves office next week.
The News reported seven weeks ago that the Secretary Service detail protecting Kissinger had been doubled because of an assassination threat that was received in early November. All that was known about the threat at that time was that it was being taken extremely seriously by the Secret Service.
comments powered by Disqus
- Archivists Are Mining Parler Metadata to Pinpoint Crimes at the Capitol
- ‘World’s Greatest Athlete’ Jim Thorpe Was Wronged by Bigotry. The IOC Must Correct the Record
- Black Southerners are Wielding Political Power that was Denied their Parents and Grandparents
- Israeli Rights Group: Nation Isn't a Democracy but an "Apartheid Regime"
- Capitol Riot: The 48 Hours that Echoed Generations of Southern Conflict
- Resolution of the Conference on Faith and History: Executive Board Response to the Assault on the U.S. Capitol
- By the People, for the People, but Not Necessarily Open to the People
- Wealthy Bankers And Businessmen Plotted To Overthrow FDR. A Retired General Foiled It
- Ole Miss Doubles Down on Professor's Termination
- How Fear Took Over the American Suburbs