Originally published 09/30/2013
Kissinger and Nixon vigorously supported the killers and tormentors of a generation of Bangladeshis.
Originally published 05/22/2013
Credit: Flickr.Despite the May 20 ruling by Guatemala’s Constitutional Court, which overturned the original verdict on procedural grounds, the May 10 conviction of that country’s former head of state, General Efrain Rios Montt, for the genocide of Guatemala’s Mayan people, could be a defining event in modern history.
Originally published 01/31/2013
Richard Nixon addressing troops in South Vietnam. Via The New Nixon."The Agreement on Ending the War and Restoring Peace in Vietnam," signed January 27, 1973, never looked like it would live up to its name. Four decades later it stands exposed as a deliberate fraud.
- Florida school named after KKK leader to be renamed
- Major Chinese art collection of late historian set for Oxford museum
- Hobbit author JRR Tolkien's World War One revolver on display
- British Library uploads one million public domain images to the net for remix and reuse
- Last veteran of Polish-Soviet War dies, aged 113
- Teacher guilty of harassing doctorate student to face punishment
- CSU-Pueblo faculty rallies against cuts
- Professor probes mental disorders in the ancient world
- Rhode Island profs win prestigious fellowships to pen European history books
- Announcing the Curator-Led Tours of the National Museum of American History