Historian presents prize-winning book to Irish presidentHistorians in the News
tags: historians, Irish history
A NORTH-EAST historian who won an Irish history award has presented her prize-winning book to the President of the Irish Republic.
Teesside University senior lecturer Roisin Higgins - who shares the same surname as President Michael D. Higgins - was welcomed to his official resident in Dublin to hand him a copy of her book 'Transforming 1916: meaning, memory and the fiftieth anniversary of the Easter Rising'.
The book won the ACIS James Donnelly Senior prize for the best Irish history book published in 2012....
comments powered by Disqus
- Merrittocracy with Keri Leigh Merritt: Kevin Kruse on the 2020 Election
- Radical Protests Propelled the Suffrage Movement. Here’s How a New Museum Captures That History
- Not Every U.S. Presidential Race Has Been Decided on Election Day. Here’s What to Know About America’s History of Contested Elections
- Control, Alter, Delete:Hong Kong Activists and Academics are Hurrying to Digitize Historical Records
- Voter Fraud, Suppression and Partisanship: A Look at the 1876 Election