Rand Paul aide a neo-Confederatetags: South, Rand Paul, Media Matters, neo-Confederates, Jack Hunter
Jack Hunter, a congressional aide to Sen. Rand Paul with a history of "neo-Confederate" and "pro-secessionist" views, has produced dozens of articles and video commentaries for The Daily Caller and appeared as what one Fox Business host termed a "regular" guest on that network. He also helped then-Sen. Jim DeMint (R-SC), currently the president of The Heritage Foundation, write his most recent book.
The conservative Washington Free Beacon reported today that Hunter, a "close" Rand Paul aide who also co-wrote the Kentucky Republican's 2011 book, "spent years working as a pro-secessionist radio pundit and neo-Confederate activist ... Hunter was a chairman in the League of the South, which 'advocates the secession and subsequent independence of the Southern States from this forced union and the formation of a Southern republic.'"...
comments powered by Disqus
- Smithsonian gets $1M to save endangered languages
- Two world-class libraries launch online archive of ancient Scriptures
- U.S. veteran held by North Korea helped anti-communist guerrilla force in 1950-1953 war
- Paul Aussaresses, 95, Who Tortured Algerians, Dies
- Baffling 400,000-Year-Old Clue to Human Origins