Ten Myths for the Fourth of July By Ray Raphael Top 5 Myths About the Fourth of July By HNN Staff Old Glory: Patriotic Symbol? By Rick Shenkman Frederick Douglass: What to the Slave Is the Fourth of July? Marist Poll reveals ignorance of July 4th history (7-5-11) Tea party gatherings on the Fourth mix the educational and the patriotic (7-5-10) NJ Plan to Laud Declaration Signers Fizzles (7-4-07) Pauline Maier, David Blight discuss"Independence Daze" (BackStory w/ the American History Guys) (6-22-11) Independence Daze: A History of July Fourth [podcast 53 min] (6-1-09) Thomas B. Slaughter: July 4th Quiz: Was the Revolution Caused by a Misunderstanding Over a Word? (6-30-14) Thomas Fleming: Channelling George Washington: The Missing Word in the Declaration of Independence (7-2-12) Ira Chernus: Why All the Fireworks on the Fourth? (7-2-12) Hsuan L. Hsu: Is Independence Day a Radical Holiday? (7-2-12) Thomas Fleming: Channelling George Washington: The Revolution that Changed the World (7-3-11) Jim Cullen: The Declaration of Independence and the American Dream (6-29-11) Thomas Fleming: Channelling George Washington: The Glorious Fourth!(8-16-10) Joel Richard Paul: How We Really Won Our Independence (7-5-10) Walter Russell Mead: London Fourth (7-5-10) Wade Graham: Jefferson: Founding Father and Connoisseur (7-4-10) William Marina: Reflecting on July 4, and the Meaning of the American Revolution Today (7-4-09) Carl M. Cannon: Frederick Douglass' July 4 Challenge Answered by Obama's Election (7-3-09) Adam Freedman: Independence, British-Style (7-3-09) Kathleen DuVal: Life, Liberty and Benign Monarchy? (7-3-09) Ray Raphael: Some Tips for Celebrating the Fourth (7-2-09) Anne Pastore: “What to the Slave is the Fourth of July?” (6-27-09) Rick Shenkman: Why Is the Flag so Important? (7-13-08) Black Founding Fathers: An Interview with Richard S. Newman (6-29-08) Richard S. Newman: Review of James A. Colaiaco's Frederick Douglass and the Fourth of July (2007) (5-23-08) Roderick T. Long: Is the Declaration's Preamble Irrelevant? (7-4-07) Howard Zinn: Patriotism & The Fourth of July (7-5-06) David Blight: Frederick Douglass's Great 4th of July Oration (7-4-05) David Waldstreicher: The Invention of the Fourth of July (6-18-05) William Loren Katz: Why Blacks Used to Celebrate July 5th (7-3-04) Robert Jensen and Rahul Mahajan: What Are We Celebrating on the Fourth of July? (7-9-02) William C. Kashatus: We Remember the Wrong Tom on July Fourth (7-5-02)
comments powered by Disqus
HNN Hot Topics: July 4thtags: Hot Topics, Independence Day, July 4, Fourth of July
Fourth of July fireworks, Washington DC, 2005. Credit: Wikipedia
comments powered by Disqus
- How Americans Feel About Religious Groups
- Tea Party support linked to educational segregation, new study shows
- History of Philly Rests Under I-95
- Agreement aims to protect North Shore wrecks from looters
- Award-Winning Filmmaker Kevin McCann to Produce the First Film about the Easter Rising in Ireland
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years
- Historian Tim Furnish says liberals shouldn't be astonished that ISIS is stoning women to death -- "in many Muslim countries ... large majorities ... favor stoning"
- Historian turns baker?