SOURCE: New York Times
by Gary Bass
The emotional displays of prejudice revealed by newly uncensored White House tapes involving Richard Nixon and Henry Kissinger help to explain a foreign policy debacle.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
His racism and intolerance have always been in evidence; only slowly did he begin to understand how to use them to his advantage.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
by Christopher Petrella
Requiring displays of patriotism have often been tied to nativism and bigotry.
by Alyssa Goldstein Sepinwall
Unpublished documents in the Margaret Herrick Library (the Oscars archive) reveal Peck’s personal opposition to racism, long before Harper Lee even wrote “Mockingbird.” The young actor attacked bigotry against both blacks and Jews.
- Washington History Seminar TODAY: Claudio Saunt's "Unworthy Republic"
- The Bonnie and Richard Reiss Graduate Institute for Constitutional History Seminar Spring 2021 Session (Virtual)
- Hank Aaron's Lasting Impact is Measured in More than Home Runs
- Hank Aaron's 715th, Called by Vin Scully
- Washington Must Treat White Supremacist Terrorism as a Transnational Threat