A century after some UK women won the vote, most of the suffragette stories we hear still focus on the elite. But this was a diverse movement.
by Jennifer Frost
They did it by organizing. There’s a lesson for us today in the 21st century.
by John Edmonds
No one’s talking about the violence.
by Sandra Weber
It’s the story of how suffragists prevailed in the long run by championing human rights.
by Sally G. McMillen
Lucy Stone was one of the great 19th century suffragettes. Where is her statue?
- Why Michigan’s Top Legislators Should Cancel that Meeting with Trump
- Tom Cotton Attacks "Revisionist History" of Thanksgiving on Senate Floor
- Whose History? AI Uncovers Who Gets Attention in High School Textbooks
- Native History Is Washington History, And Tribes Are Helping Schools Teach It
- When Schools Closed, Americans Turned to Their Usual Backup Plan: Mothers
- Female Pirate Lovers Whose Story was Ignored by Male Historians Immortalized with Statue
- The Devil Had Nothing to Do With It
- Hong Kong's New Rules have Created Confusion in the Classroom. Some Parents are Pulling their Children Out
- Whitewashing the Great Depression (Review)
- What Did Europe Smell Like Centuries Ago? Historians Set Out to Recreate Lost Scents