SOURCE: NY Times
The grants were announced two weeks after the Trump administration released a proposed budget for fiscal 2020 that called for closure of the agency, whose activities were described as lying outside of “core federal responsibilities.”
SOURCE: Inside Higher Ed
For third year in a row, he also seeks to kill National Endowment for the Arts. Congress has rejected those proposals in the past.
Kaiser and eight other members wrote to Harvard President Drew Faust demanding to know why compensation at the endowment doubled in three years.
- How Portland’s Wall of Moms Collapsed — and Was Reborn Under Black Leadership
- Bill Talks with Heather Cox Richardson About ‘How the South Won the Civil War’
- Southern Newspapers were Vocal Supporters of the Confederacy. It Lasted for Generations
- When Henry Wallace Warned of ‘American Fascism’
- Capitalism and Slavery: A Discussion with Caitlin Rosenthal, Tom Cutterham, and Eric Hilt