The Museum of the Bible, founded by the owners of arts-and-crafts store chain Hobby Lobby, will turn over biblical fragments it had acquired from an Oxford professor.
Margaret MacMillan, History Professor Emeritus at Oxford University, Gives Warnings from history for Brexit Britain
She warned that after Brexit, England could go back to the way it was in the 15th Century.
SOURCE: The Times of London
George Garnett reports that 88 belonged to horses and humans accounted for the others.
SOURCE: The Guardian
Following campaigns such as Rhodes must fall, university is to make history syllabus more diverse and less British-focused.
SOURCE: Oxford University
The book: "The Silk Roads: A New History of the World," which shows the importance of the east and the role it had in shaping modern Europe.
SOURCE: Huffington Post
The chancellor of Oxford University has warned against rewriting history in his first public comments on a student campaign to remove a statue of 19th century colonialist Cecil Rhodes from one of the university's colleges.
SOURCE: The Telegraph
The students of the Rhodes Must Fall campaign explain why Oxford University must not elevate this murderous land-grabbing racist
SOURCE: Inside Higher ED
Minority students have been pushing the college to remove the plaque and also a statue of Rhodes.
SOURCE: Irish Times
Robert Kee, Born: October 5th, 1919 Died: January 11th, 2013 In February 2005 the then British prime minister Tony Blair made a long-awaited public apology to the Guildford Four and the Maguire Seven when he met members of the Conlon and Maguire families, victims of one of the worst miscarriages of justice in British history.During an emotional meeting Blair signed a copy of Robert Kee’s book, Trial and Error: the Maguires, the Guildford pub bombings and British Justice, belonging to Patrick Maguire (13 when he was arrested) with the inscription “I am sorry it took so long.”Many people believe it would have taken a lot longer but for the campaigning work of Kee, the British historian and journalist who died on January 11th aged 93.
- Archivists Are Mining Parler Metadata to Pinpoint Crimes at the Capitol
- ‘World’s Greatest Athlete’ Jim Thorpe Was Wronged by Bigotry. The IOC Must Correct the Record
- Black Southerners are Wielding Political Power that was Denied their Parents and Grandparents
- Israeli Rights Group: Nation Isn't a Democracy but an "Apartheid Regime"
- Capitol Riot: The 48 Hours that Echoed Generations of Southern Conflict
- Resolution of the Conference on Faith and History: Executive Board Response to the Assault on the U.S. Capitol
- By the People, for the People, but Not Necessarily Open to the People
- Wealthy Bankers And Businessmen Plotted To Overthrow FDR. A Retired General Foiled It
- Ole Miss Doubles Down on Professor's Termination
- How Fear Took Over the American Suburbs