The Museum of the Bible, founded by the owners of arts-and-crafts store chain Hobby Lobby, will turn over biblical fragments it had acquired from an Oxford professor.
Margaret MacMillan, History Professor Emeritus at Oxford University, Gives Warnings from history for Brexit Britain
She warned that after Brexit, England could go back to the way it was in the 15th Century.
SOURCE: The Times of London
George Garnett reports that 88 belonged to horses and humans accounted for the others.
SOURCE: The Guardian
Following campaigns such as Rhodes must fall, university is to make history syllabus more diverse and less British-focused.
SOURCE: Oxford University
The book: "The Silk Roads: A New History of the World," which shows the importance of the east and the role it had in shaping modern Europe.
SOURCE: Huffington Post
The chancellor of Oxford University has warned against rewriting history in his first public comments on a student campaign to remove a statue of 19th century colonialist Cecil Rhodes from one of the university's colleges.
SOURCE: The Telegraph
The students of the Rhodes Must Fall campaign explain why Oxford University must not elevate this murderous land-grabbing racist
SOURCE: Inside Higher ED
Minority students have been pushing the college to remove the plaque and also a statue of Rhodes.
SOURCE: Irish Times
Robert Kee, Born: October 5th, 1919 Died: January 11th, 2013 In February 2005 the then British prime minister Tony Blair made a long-awaited public apology to the Guildford Four and the Maguire Seven when he met members of the Conlon and Maguire families, victims of one of the worst miscarriages of justice in British history.During an emotional meeting Blair signed a copy of Robert Kee’s book, Trial and Error: the Maguires, the Guildford pub bombings and British Justice, belonging to Patrick Maguire (13 when he was arrested) with the inscription “I am sorry it took so long.”Many people believe it would have taken a lot longer but for the campaigning work of Kee, the British historian and journalist who died on January 11th aged 93.
- USA Today Publishes New Articles As Part Of Series, "1619: Searching for Answers"
- Washington doesn't have a Latino history museum. These people are hoping to change that
- A history of key United Auto Workers strikes against GM
- Fact-checking Andrew Yang on history of universal basic income
- Hobby Lobby Will Return Biblical Antiquities Allegedly Stolen by Oxford Professor
- Historians Allison Horrocks and Mary Mahoney bring history to life in podcast
- Modern art historian, US museum director and clergyman EA Carmean, Jr has died, age 74
- Historian Andrew David Teaching Impeachment during an Impeachment Inquiry
- Historian Brad Simpson Says He's Never Read a Letter As Unhinged As Trump's To Erdogan
- Academic Twitter's Gender Imbalance