The Museum of the Bible, founded by the owners of arts-and-crafts store chain Hobby Lobby, will turn over biblical fragments it had acquired from an Oxford professor.
Margaret MacMillan, History Professor Emeritus at Oxford University, Gives Warnings from history for Brexit Britain
She warned that after Brexit, England could go back to the way it was in the 15th Century.
SOURCE: The Times of London
George Garnett reports that 88 belonged to horses and humans accounted for the others.
SOURCE: The Guardian
Following campaigns such as Rhodes must fall, university is to make history syllabus more diverse and less British-focused.
SOURCE: Oxford University
The book: "The Silk Roads: A New History of the World," which shows the importance of the east and the role it had in shaping modern Europe.
SOURCE: Huffington Post
The chancellor of Oxford University has warned against rewriting history in his first public comments on a student campaign to remove a statue of 19th century colonialist Cecil Rhodes from one of the university's colleges.
SOURCE: The Telegraph
The students of the Rhodes Must Fall campaign explain why Oxford University must not elevate this murderous land-grabbing racist
SOURCE: Inside Higher ED
Minority students have been pushing the college to remove the plaque and also a statue of Rhodes.
SOURCE: Irish Times
Robert Kee, Born: October 5th, 1919 Died: January 11th, 2013 In February 2005 the then British prime minister Tony Blair made a long-awaited public apology to the Guildford Four and the Maguire Seven when he met members of the Conlon and Maguire families, victims of one of the worst miscarriages of justice in British history.During an emotional meeting Blair signed a copy of Robert Kee’s book, Trial and Error: the Maguires, the Guildford pub bombings and British Justice, belonging to Patrick Maguire (13 when he was arrested) with the inscription “I am sorry it took so long.”Many people believe it would have taken a lot longer but for the campaigning work of Kee, the British historian and journalist who died on January 11th aged 93.
- Many Holocaust Survivors Are Struggling Amid the Pandemic. Here’s How Virtual Gatherings Are Helping
- 131-Year-Old Confederate Statue Removed From Alexandria Intersection
- All the History I Learned in my Youth Came from the American Girl Doll Books
- Is This the Worst Year in Modern American History?
- Role-Playing Games are Breathing New Life into the History Classroom
- Explaining the Insurrection Act of 1807 and Looking Back on Nixon’s Law & Order Campaign (Podcast)
- Trump Declared Himself the 'President of Law and Order.' Here's What People Get Wrong About the Origins of That Idea
- The Rebellion in Defense of Black Lives is Rooted in U.S. History. So, too, is Trump’s Authoritarian Rule (Podcast)
- Beverly Hills, Buckhead, SoHo: The New Sites of Urban Unrest
- How Today’s Protests Compare to 1968, Explained by a Historian