by Chelsea Connolly
Historians Lawrence Glickman, Kevin Kruse, Heather Cox Richardson, and others weigh in on President Trump's not-so-warm welcome at Game 5 of the World Series.
SOURCE: Washington Post
Herbert Hoover, Harry S. Truman, George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush, and Barack Obama were all booed at baseball games.
by Mark Weisenmiller
For over one hundred years, major league baseball’s World Series has both thrilled fans and reflected historical and societal changes in the United States.
SOURCE: The Columbus Dispatch
Call it a cinematic version of buried treasure.
- The Myth of North America, in One Painting
- When an Enemy’s Cultural Heritage Becomes One’s Own
- The Country’s Oldest Chinatown is Fighting for its Life in San Francisco
- Jonathan Pollard: Revisiting a Still Sensitive Case
- Finding the Last Ship Known to have Brought Enslaved Africans to America and the Descendants of its Survivors