Originally published 03/11/2014
The Caribbean Community will seek a formal apology and debt cancellation from former colonizers.
Originally published 02/25/2014
And why not? The early modern world knew just how much was built on the backs of slave labor. Would that we were able to acknowledge that today.
Originally published 01/15/2014
The protagonist of "12 Years a Slave" was also a leader in the slavery reparations movement.
- New Hampshire professors at odds with library over discarded books
- Troubled history fuels Japan-China tension
- Independent Scotland's last gasp forgotten in Panama jungle
- LBJ was the ‘most-threatened president in American history’
- New exhibit at the World War I Museum ... Over by Christmas: August-December 1914
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding