Originally published 01/23/2014
For Palestinians, there is nothing in Ariel Sharon's career worth celebrating.
Originally published 01/14/2014
In death as well as in life, Sharon remains a polarizing figure.
Originally published 01/12/2014
Arik Scheinerman, who became Ariel Sharon, would go on powerfully to shape the lives of most people in Israel and the Middle East, and not for the good.
- David Rosand, an Art History Scholar Whose Heart Was in Venice, Dies at 75
- NYT interviews Rick Perlstein about his book
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?