SOURCE: The Guardian
Demographers and political strategists say Trump is promoting a vision of America’s suburbs with aproned housewives, leafy cul-de-sacs and picket fences that no longer exists.
SOURCE: Washington Post
by Paul Schor
The Trump administration’s effort not to count undocumented immigrants is nothing less than an effort to redistribute political power, one that calls to mind a particularly fierce battle over the 1920 census that highlights the role of these broader fights.
SOURCE: The Economist
Because censuses helped governors subjugate the governed, most people resented them.
SOURCE: The New York Times
The urge among some residents to leave because of the coronavirus may be temporary. But it follows a deeper, more powerful demographic trend.
SOURCE: The Conversation
by Monica Duffy Toft
Internal strife, perhaps civil war or collapse often precedes a decisive demographic shift.
by Steve Hochstadt
It's not just for rich white guys anymore.
- The Muddled History of Anti-Asian Violence
- Massive Investment in Social Studies and Civics Education Proposed to Address Eroding Trust in Democratic Institutions
- Lightning Strikes Twice: Another Lost Jacob Lawrence Surfaces
- Former Procter and Gamble CEO: America and the World Need History Majors
- Cherokee Nation Addresses Bias Against Descendants of Enslaved People
- Part of Being a Domestic Goddess in 17th-Century Europe Was Making Medicines
- How Dr. Seuss Responded to Critics Who Called Out His Racism
- Discovery Of Schoolhouse For Black Children Now Offers A History Lesson
- People Longing for Movie Theaters During the 1918 Flu Pandemic Feels Very Familiar in 2021
- How Did "Bipartisanship" Become a Goal In Itself? (Podcast)