Originally published 03/25/2014
Battered case, believed to have been lent to officer during first world war, part of reopening exhibition at Bank of England.
Originally published 11/20/2013
A stirring biography of T.E. Lawrence, yes, but also a thoughtful examination of Western imperialism and Mideast politics.
- David Rosand, an Art History Scholar Whose Heart Was in Venice, Dies at 75
- NYT interviews Rick Perlstein about his book
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?