Originally published 06/03/2014
The Most Haunting Interview You'll Ever Read: When Japanese Islanders Were Ordered to Commit Mass Suicide
"I don’t remember exactly how we killed our mother, maybe we tried to use rope at first, but in the end we hit her over the head with stones."
Originally published 02/25/2014
The establishment of a U.S. military fiefdom on Okinawa was part of the Cold War practice of dividing nations.
Originally published 10/31/2013
But the Japanese prime minister endorsed the continuing presence of U.S. forces in Okinawa.
- Round 2: It's Benny Morris vs. Martin Kramer ... Was there a massacre in 1948 in Lydda?
- World War I Anniversary: Five Historians, Two Questions
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals