Originally published 08/15/2014
It is too easy to think that keeping the sick out of the nation will protect America’s health.
Originally published 08/11/2014
A quick tour through history of the worst of the worst pandemics.
Originally published 10/22/2013
The spread of the Black Death in the 14th Century reveals our medieval ancestors' social networks and shows how connected they were.
- David Rosand, an Art History Scholar Whose Heart Was in Venice, Dies at 75
- NYT interviews Rick Perlstein about his book
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?