SOURCE: NY Times
For a brief moment, the civil rights movement and the space race came together.
SOURCE: The Los Angeles Times
by Michael Hiltzik
"We would never work 16 hours a day for 84 straight days on the ground, and we should not be expected to do it here in space." - Skylab 4 Commander Jerry Carr to NASA, just before the crew went on strike
SOURCE: Associated Press
Carpenter's death leaves John Glenn as the only member of the Mercury Seven still living.
- Washington History Seminar TODAY: Claudio Saunt's "Unworthy Republic"
- The Bonnie and Richard Reiss Graduate Institute for Constitutional History Seminar Spring 2021 Session (Virtual)
- Hank Aaron's Lasting Impact is Measured in More than Home Runs
- Hank Aaron's 715th, Called by Vin Scully
- Washington Must Treat White Supremacist Terrorism as a Transnational Threat