Originally published 10/16/2013
Columbus's discoveries pried loose European curiosity from the vise put in place by the medieval church.
Originally published 10/14/2013
Though he sailed in 1492, Christopher Columbus was not widely known among Americans until the mid-1700s.
Originally published 10/11/2013
Columbus may have left a contentious legacy, but there's no denying his voyages expanded the boundaries of European knowledge.
- Limbaugh, Citing Ron Radosh, Tries to Blame Max Blumenthal for Kansas Rampage
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original