Originally published 12/15/2013
And that must mean "The Nutcracker."
Originally published 05/31/2010
Guard at the Tomb of the Unknowns in Arlington National Cemetary. Credit: Flickr.Who Invented Memorial Day? By Jim Downs (5-28-12)It's Time for a National World War I Memorial By Julian Saltman (5-28-12)At Last, Honor for Albert Wedemeyer, a Great American Soldier By Thomas Fleming (5-28-12)How to Forget on Memorial Day By Tom Engelhardt (5-28-12)Birthplace of Memorial Day? (NYT 5-27-12)
- So Cliven Bundy never said blacks might have been better off under slavery?
- Mussolini's birthplace in Italy to get a fascist museum
- Historical sex objects to feature in British classrooms
- All Russian World War I Documents Available Online
- Jihadists gone, masons are working to restore the mausoleums of Timbuktu
- Cultural historian who helped end censorship of "Lady Chatterley's Lover," dies
- Thomas Slaughter interviewed about his new book on the American Revolution
- Historian Michael Ignatieff writes a memoir explaining why he failed in politics
- Olivia Remie Constable, director of the Medieval Institute at Notre Dame since 2009, passes away
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history