Originally published 04/30/2013
Archaeologists who unearthed the skeleton of England's King Richard III under a municipal parking lot say they want to dig up a 600-year-old stone coffin found nearby.University of Leicester scientists say they hope to learn more about the medieval Church of the Grey Friars, where Richard was unceremoniously buried after he was killed at the Battle of Bosworth Field in 1485.In February scientists from the university announced that remains found on the site were "beyond reasonable doubt" those of the king....
- Messiah College Professor Says Christians Should Study History, Stop Overreacting to 'War on Christmas'
- Beloved WC Professor Robert Fallaw Dies at 78
- OAH Executive Board Issues Statement on Dissertation Embargoes
- Cynthia Russett, Historian of Women, Dies at 76
- Stanford historian re-examines practice of racial 'passing'