SOURCE: Made By History at The Washington Post
by Anna K. Danziger Halperin
Today’s child-care crisis may have been fueled by the outbreak, but it is not new. It has been simmering below the surface for decades and can be traced back to President Richard M. Nixon’s 1971 veto of federally funded universal child care.
- The Myth of North America, in One Painting
- When an Enemy’s Cultural Heritage Becomes One’s Own
- The Country’s Oldest Chinatown is Fighting for its Life in San Francisco
- Jonathan Pollard: Revisiting a Still Sensitive Case
- Finding the Last Ship Known to have Brought Enslaved Africans to America and the Descendants of its Survivors