SOURCE: Foreign Affairs
Sir Michael Howard, who died on November 30, 2019, a day after his 97th birthday, was a giant in the worlds of military history and strategic studies.
SOURCE: New York Times
A decorated soldier in World War II, he helped reshape the study of war and was knighted in 1986 for his academic work.
- How Portland’s Wall of Moms Collapsed — and Was Reborn Under Black Leadership
- Bill Talks with Heather Cox Richardson About ‘How the South Won the Civil War’
- Southern Newspapers were Vocal Supporters of the Confederacy. It Lasted for Generations
- When Henry Wallace Warned of ‘American Fascism’
- Capitalism and Slavery: A Discussion with Caitlin Rosenthal, Tom Cutterham, and Eric Hilt