SOURCE: Contingent Magazine
Behind Dover Publications’ eclectic 10,000-title catalog lies a remarkable story of 20th century innovation
by Karin Falcone Krieger
Started by Heyward and Blanche Cirker in their apartment in post-war Queens, Dover Publications produced 10,000 book titles over the course of 80 years.
SOURCE: AHA Perspectives on History
Dozens of historians will be recognized for their exceptional books, distinguished teaching and mentoring in the classroom, public history, and other historical projects.
- The Deep South Has a Rich History of Resistance, as Amazon Is Learning
- America’s Political Roots Are in Eutaw, Alabama
- University Finds 18th-Century Schoolhouse Where Black Children Learned to Read
- Searching for Our Urban Future in the Ruins of the Past
- Denied a Teaching Job for Being ‘Too Black,’ She Started Her Own School — And a Movement