Originally published 02/12/2013
Gettysburg historians come and go, but when it comes to the deep-seeded narrative of Adams County, the community has lost its iconic historian.Dr. Charles H. Glatfelter, a 40-year history professor at Gettysburg College and long-time local historian passed away Wednesday evening. He was 88 years old. He leaves behind his daughter, Christina E. Glatfelter of Aspers, his son, Philip H. Glatfelter of Hallam, and his half brother, Roger G. Krout of Boynton Beach, Fla....
- Shipwreck Found Under World Trade Center Traced Back To Colonial Era Philadelphia
- Bob Dallek in the NYT gives a rave review of John Dean's history of Watergate cover-up
- Ex-President George W. Bush Authors Book About His Father
- Tears, and Anger, as Militants Destroy Iraq City’s Relics
- Europe notes 100th anniversary of World War I
- Why Benny Morris is both right and wrong
- Professor Ilan Pappé: Israel Has Chosen to be a 'Racist Apartheid State'
- History Professor: Convicted Cop Killer Mumia Should Be Celebrated Like Martin Luther King Jr. in Schools
- Robert Drew, Cinema Verite Documentarian, Dies at 90
- Rick Perlstein: “Ronald Reagan absolved America almost in a priestly role not to have to contend with sin. The consequences are all around us today”