Originally published 02/12/2013
Gettysburg historians come and go, but when it comes to the deep-seeded narrative of Adams County, the community has lost its iconic historian.Dr. Charles H. Glatfelter, a 40-year history professor at Gettysburg College and long-time local historian passed away Wednesday evening. He was 88 years old. He leaves behind his daughter, Christina E. Glatfelter of Aspers, his son, Philip H. Glatfelter of Hallam, and his half brother, Roger G. Krout of Boynton Beach, Fla....
- NYT interviews Rick Perlstein about his book
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history