SOURCE: New York Times
by Adom Getachew
What is “decolonization?” What the word means and what it requires have been contested for a century.
SOURCE: Before the Quagmire
Written by William J. Rust, The Mask of Neutrality: The United States and Decolonization in Indonesia, 1942–1950 examines three periods of America’s evolving engagement with Indonesia and the groups battling for control there.
- Why Michigan’s Top Legislators Should Cancel that Meeting with Trump
- Tom Cotton Attacks "Revisionist History" of Thanksgiving on Senate Floor
- Whose History? AI Uncovers Who Gets Attention in High School Textbooks
- Native History Is Washington History, And Tribes Are Helping Schools Teach It
- When Schools Closed, Americans Turned to Their Usual Backup Plan: Mothers
- Female Pirate Lovers Whose Story was Ignored by Male Historians Immortalized with Statue
- The Devil Had Nothing to Do With It
- Hong Kong's New Rules have Created Confusion in the Classroom. Some Parents are Pulling their Children Out
- Whitewashing the Great Depression (Review)
- What Did Europe Smell Like Centuries Ago? Historians Set Out to Recreate Lost Scents