SOURCE: Washington Times (AP)
Research for the project was led by a Mississippi Valley State University student and history professor C. Sade Turnipseed.
by Naom Cohen
The Facebook CEO invoked the civil-rights era to justify kowtowing to money and power. It doesn’t wash.
SOURCE: NY Times
Two cultural projects that examine the Alabama city’s role in the civil rights movement are drawing throngs of visitors and encouraging a surge of downtown construction.
- Odds of a Contested November Election Are on the Rise
- Penguin Classics and Others Work to Diversify Offerings From the Canon
- Coping With Coronavirus Disappointments: Five Lessons From Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- The Case Against Waging ‘War’ on the Coronavirus
- Helen Hunt Brings Trailblazing War Journalist to Life in "World On Fire"
- And The Winners of the 2020 Anisfield-Wolf Book Awards Are ...
- AHA's Committee on LGBT History Announces Hardship Grants
- What Both the Left and the Right Get Wrong About the Coronavirus Economic Crisis
- As COVID-19 Spreads, Mary Barra Needs To Denounce Trump As Bad For Capitalism
- Pandemics and the Shape of Human History