Demand for “counter-textbooks” has been fueled by factors including student desire for more diverse stories and requirements like the California law that now mandates LGBT-inclusive social-studies curriculums.
SOURCE: Washington Post
‘Don’t they know Columbus never landed in America?’: Third-graders found error in their workbook. Here’s what they did about it.
The Math in Focus workbook said in a math problem that Columbus landed in America in 1492. The students at Valleyview Elementary School in Oneonta knew that wasn’t true — and they wanted the publisher to fix the error.
- The Unluckiest Generation In U.S. History
- Larry Kramer, Author and Outspoken AIDS Activist, Dies at 84
- They Survived the Worst Battles of World War II. And Died of the Virus.
- The Story Of How The First White Member Of Delta Sigma Theta Was A Segregationist’s Worst Nightmare
- On This Day in 1943: White Workers Riot After Black Workers Promoted in Mobile, Alabama