by Christopher M. Bishop
Until this month, slavery was the only other issue that seriously threatened the unity of American Methodism.
SOURCE: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
by Jonathon Zimmerman
The Methodist Church turned away from human equality last week. It's on the wrong side of history, but it will right itself soon enough.
- Historian Tom Engelhardt Revisits His First Piece of Critical History – 48 Years Later
- Heather Cox Richardson: Trump isn’t the first president to compare himself to Jesus — the last one who did ‘planned to lead his white supremacist supporters to victory’
- Historians' archival research looks quite different in the digital age
- Senate Historian Daniel S. Holt Featured on Political Theatre Podcast
- The Way We Do the Things We Do: Making History-Making Visible