by Ron Steinman
Will people struggling to get through a normal day be inspired by a renewed space program? Will either the government or the media commit for the long haul? At least I knew there was a time when we all had it in us. For the future, only time will tell.
by Sylvester James “Jim” Gates, Jr. and Cathie Pelletier
2019 marks the 100 year anniversary of the eclipse that proved Einstein’s theory and ultimately catapulted him to fame.
by David Carlin
President Kennedy understood that his “goal [would] serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills.” We need similar thinking today.
A surprising number of the Apollo spacecraft’s critical parts ended up being crafted and assembled by hand, by a vast battalion of little-known and little-heralded workers back on earth.
SOURCE: NY Times
by Jill Lepore
“At no point before the actual moon landing did any majority of Americans support the mission to land on the moon,” Lepore says in this podcast.
SOURCE: Washington Post
This is the first direct image of something theorized for more than a century.
SOURCE: The Conversation
Apollo 11 brought a message of peace to the Moon - but Neil and Buzz almost forgot to leave it behind
by Michelle L.D. Hanlon
You may be surprised to learn there are more than a hundred sites on the Moon with evidence of human activity.
SOURCE: Live Science
It's the third in a series of archives that make up the Billion Year Archive initiative.
"There has never been historic preservation off our planet. It's a really difficult subject."
- Trump’s Supreme Court Justices Show How They Might Help Him in Contested Election
- Two Visions of the Suburbs Are on the Ballot. Both Are Myths
- FBI Won’t Deliver Report on White-Supremacist Terror Threat Until After Election
- VMI Superintendent Steps Down Amid Allegations Of 'Structural Racism'
- Arizona Education Board Votes To Require Students Learn About The Holocaust, Other Genocides
- How Democrats Can Learn Hardball From the Republicans of 1861
- When a Kidnapping Ring Targeted New York’s Black Children (Review)
- To Understand The Spectacle Of Presidential Debates, Look Back To 1960, Says Harvard Historian
- If only Richard Nixon had Listened to Jackie Robinson — The GOP Might be Doing Better than Trump Today
- "Time's Monster" by Priya Satia Review – Living in the Past