SOURCE: The Telegraph
Le Monde insisted that it had not intended to portray Mr Macron as being akin to Hitler.
by Walter Russell Mead
Western political systems are under strain despite good economic times.
SOURCE: Fareed’s Global Briefing
by Fareed Zacharia
Monsieur Macron is wrong.
SOURCE: The Daily Beast
He says the U.S. had to rescue them.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
France will formally acknowledge the French military’s systemic use of torture in the Algerian War in the 1950s and 1960s, an unprecedented step forward in grappling with its long-suppressed legacy of colonial crimes.
SOURCE: The Conversation
by Elizabeth Benjamin
Instead of celebrating the occasion, the French president appears to be inadvertently recreating it.
SOURCE: Foreign Policy
by Robert Zaretsky
Leftists want to celebrate revolutionary idealism; conservatives, the triumph of traditional authority. And Emmanuel Macron is trying to split the difference.
- Why Michigan’s Top Legislators Should Cancel that Meeting with Trump
- Tom Cotton Attacks "Revisionist History" of Thanksgiving on Senate Floor
- Whose History? AI Uncovers Who Gets Attention in High School Textbooks
- Native History Is Washington History, And Tribes Are Helping Schools Teach It
- When Schools Closed, Americans Turned to Their Usual Backup Plan: Mothers
- Female Pirate Lovers Whose Story was Ignored by Male Historians Immortalized with Statue
- The Devil Had Nothing to Do With It
- Hong Kong's New Rules have Created Confusion in the Classroom. Some Parents are Pulling their Children Out
- Whitewashing the Great Depression (Review)
- What Did Europe Smell Like Centuries Ago? Historians Set Out to Recreate Lost Scents