SOURCE: The Hill
The 2018 midterms and 2020 primaries showed just how critical the turnout of women—Democrat, independent and moderate Republican will be this November.
by Moshik Temkin
Because his support is so concentrated among the young, and because the problems he vowed to fight will only get worse whether Trump or Biden wins, this movement is only likely to grow, and its next leaders might eventually succeed where he failed.
by HNN Staff
Online discussion of Sanders's decision to end his campaign and endorse Joe Biden, and what's next for the Democrats.
Celebrates 100th Anniversary of Women’s Suffrage With Exhibitions
Trump's Official Withdrawal from the Paris Climate Agreement Mirrors George W. Bush's Exit from Kyoto Protocol
by Mark Detlor
The United States has a long history of being hesitent to match other western nation's commitment to the climate.
SOURCE: Central News Network
September 12, 2019
by Thomas Balcerski
By studying the campaign messaging and strategies from prior presidential elections, the Democrats can help to clarify what has worked well and what has failed miserably in the past
SOURCE: Washington Post
by Marcia Chatelain
Well-meaning liberals have long failed to recognize their own role in systems of oppression.
by Olivia B. Waxman
Read the parallels between the 1976 and 2020 elections.
SOURCE: NY Times
by Stephen Wertheim
Is it time for the U.S. to confront other great powers — or to retreat?
- Carl Reiner’s Life Should Remind Us: If You Like Laughing, Thank FDR And The New Deal
- A Teacher Held a Famous Racism Exercise in 1968. She’s Still at It.
- A Brief History of The Word ‘Redskin’ And How It Became a Source of Controversy
- Just How Little U.S. Students Learn About African American History — And Five Steps to Start to Change That
- Calling Racism A ‘Leftist Lie,’ White Vandals Target California Black Lives Matter Slogan
- When American Politics Turned Toxic (Review)
- Unions Are Essential for Eliminating Racism
- This Maine Governor Never Publicly Embraced the Klan, But He Never Disavowed its Support
- How a Lincoln-Douglass Debate Led to Historic Discovery
- Racist, Brutal Past or Hispanic History? Latinos Clash over Spanish Colonial Statues