SOURCE: Washington Post
by Valerie Strauss
The Nebraska Senator, who holds a PhD in US history, spoke of governing norms above politics and got harsh criticism online.
The Nebraska Republican, who has a PhD in US History from Yale, argued in the Wall Street Journal that the Senate would be made more functional by repealing the 17th Amendment and returning the selection of Senators to the state legislatures.
SOURCE: The Daily Beast
In a new book, the Nebraska lawmaker—known for his unease with Trump-era conservative rhetoric—donned his media hat and went after right-wing media's biggest star.
SOURCE: The Hill
He only partly blames his unease with the GOP on Trump.
The Republican senator and persistent Trump critic stokes speculation about his intentions with a soon-to-publish book and new nonprofit.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
US Senator (and historian) Ben Sasse has denounced the policy of separating children from parents at the border
by Jennifer Rubin
But a conservative columnist says he keeps failing to take action.
SOURCE: Lincoln Journal Star
It's going to be titled "Them," with a subtitle of "Why We Hate Each Other and How to Heal."
by Ben Sasse
The book: “The Vanishing American Adult: Our Coming-of-Age Crisis — and How to Rebuild a Culture of Self-Reliance.”
Slate says Ben Sasse is not using his big brain.
- Why Michigan’s Top Legislators Should Cancel that Meeting with Trump
- Tom Cotton Attacks "Revisionist History" of Thanksgiving on Senate Floor
- Whose History? AI Uncovers Who Gets Attention in High School Textbooks
- Native History Is Washington History, And Tribes Are Helping Schools Teach It
- When Schools Closed, Americans Turned to Their Usual Backup Plan: Mothers
- Female Pirate Lovers Whose Story was Ignored by Male Historians Immortalized with Statue
- The Devil Had Nothing to Do With It
- Hong Kong's New Rules have Created Confusion in the Classroom. Some Parents are Pulling their Children Out
- Whitewashing the Great Depression (Review)
- What Did Europe Smell Like Centuries Ago? Historians Set Out to Recreate Lost Scents