A scholar of the Nazi period explains why fake news may be a more powerful authoritarian tool than secret police.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
Half of Americans think the United States is in “real danger of becoming a nondemocratic, authoritarian country.”
A majority, 55 percent, see democracy as “weak” – and 68 percent believe it is “getting weaker.”
by Holly Case
Last century’s dictators wanted to reinvent their subjects as "new men." This century’s strongmen just don’t care. Why?
- The Deep South Has a Rich History of Resistance, as Amazon Is Learning
- America’s Political Roots Are in Eutaw, Alabama
- University Finds 18th-Century Schoolhouse Where Black Children Learned to Read
- Searching for Our Urban Future in the Ruins of the Past
- Denied a Teaching Job for Being ‘Too Black,’ She Started Her Own School — And a Movement