A scholar of the Nazi period explains why fake news may be a more powerful authoritarian tool than secret police.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
Half of Americans think the United States is in “real danger of becoming a nondemocratic, authoritarian country.”
A majority, 55 percent, see democracy as “weak” – and 68 percent believe it is “getting weaker.”
by Holly Case
Last century’s dictators wanted to reinvent their subjects as "new men." This century’s strongmen just don’t care. Why?
- Merrittocracy with Keri Leigh Merritt: Kevin Kruse on the 2020 Election
- Radical Protests Propelled the Suffrage Movement. Here’s How a New Museum Captures That History
- Not Every U.S. Presidential Race Has Been Decided on Election Day. Here’s What to Know About America’s History of Contested Elections
- Control, Alter, Delete:Hong Kong Activists and Academics are Hurrying to Digitize Historical Records
- Voter Fraud, Suppression and Partisanship: A Look at the 1876 Election