A scholar of the Nazi period explains why fake news may be a more powerful authoritarian tool than secret police.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
Half of Americans think the United States is in “real danger of becoming a nondemocratic, authoritarian country.”
A majority, 55 percent, see democracy as “weak” – and 68 percent believe it is “getting weaker.”
by Holly Case
Last century’s dictators wanted to reinvent their subjects as "new men." This century’s strongmen just don’t care. Why?
- How Portland’s Wall of Moms Collapsed — and Was Reborn Under Black Leadership
- Bill Talks with Heather Cox Richardson About ‘How the South Won the Civil War’
- Southern Newspapers were Vocal Supporters of the Confederacy. It Lasted for Generations
- When Henry Wallace Warned of ‘American Fascism’
- Capitalism and Slavery: A Discussion with Caitlin Rosenthal, Tom Cutterham, and Eric Hilt