SOURCE: The Salt Lake Tribune
by Dennis Lythgoe
“The best treatment of McCarthy is to ignore him. That is one thing he cannot stand.”
by Julia Brown
Director Sharon Grimberg discusses her new documentary "McCarthy," premiering on American Experience January 6, 2020.
SOURCE: Washington Post
by Jonathan Zimmerman
After nearly 70 years, Republicans have stopped defending Joe McCarthy.
by Ronald L. Feinman
Trump has learned very well from prior anti-Communism crusaders, and it requires vigilance and activism to cope with the threat he represents every day.
SOURCE: The Nation
He says former CIA Director John Brennan's statements about Trump echo Jospeh McCarthy and J. Edgar Hoover
by Jeremy Stern
My grandparents fled Tsarist Russia to escape persecution for their ideas and their Judaism. They found a far freer nation ‒ but also reminders that freedom is not always secure, even in America.
SOURCE: The Daily Beast
by Gil Troy
William Benton was an advertising icon and wildly successful investor—and with those millions backing him up, he took on the country’s scariest politician.
SOURCE: The National
by Ellen Schrecker
An expert on the McCarthy Era, she writes from experience and research.
In the US they were scorned in the McCarthy era, but at a China museum they’re lionized.
- The Deficit Hawks That Make Moderate Democrats Cower
- The Muddled History of Anti-Asian Violence
- Massive Investment in Social Studies and Civics Education Proposed to Address Eroding Trust in Democratic Institutions
- Lightning Strikes Twice: Another Lost Jacob Lawrence Surfaces
- Former Procter and Gamble CEO: America and the World Need History Majors
- Part of Being a Domestic Goddess in 17th-Century Europe Was Making Medicines
- How Dr. Seuss Responded to Critics Who Called Out His Racism
- Discovery Of Schoolhouse For Black Children Now Offers A History Lesson
- People Longing for Movie Theaters During the 1918 Flu Pandemic Feels Very Familiar in 2021
- How Did "Bipartisanship" Become a Goal In Itself? (Podcast)