SOURCE: Jewish Telegraphic Agency
Bensoussan was acquitted on Tuesday ending a polarizing trial that observers regarded as a significant test case for determining the boundaries of academic freedom amid growing inter-ethnic tensions.
SOURCE: The Jewish Chronicle
French Jewish scholar Georges Bensoussan is being sued by Muslim anti-racism groups for saying in a radio debate: “In French Arab families, babies suckle antisemitism with their mothers’ milk.”
Georges Bensoussan's statements were 'dangerous and in line with far-right rhetoric' targeting Muslims, according to the Collective Against Islamophobia.
- The Real Reason the American Economy Boomed After World War II
- Florence Revives Medieval Plague-Era ‘Wine Windows’ for Contactless Service
- Tulane Canceled a Talk by the Author of an Acclaimed Anti-Racism Book After Students Said the Event Was 'Violent'
- Sunday Reading: Hiroshima
- More Than a Century Before the 19th Amendment, Women were Voting in New Jersey
- Black Americans Who Served in WWII Faced Segregation and Second-Class Roles
- Lincoln Library Cancels Exhibition Over Racial Sensitivity Concerns
- Nixon Did Call the Military on Protesters. He Just Covered It Up.
- Historians Pay Tribute: ‘Today We Live In John Hume’s Ireland, And Thank God For That’
- Let Us Drink in Public