Roundup Top 10!
This page provides a weekly list of the Top 10 excerpts from our Roundup Department. The list is emailed to HNN subscribers every Friday. Click here to subscribe to our free newsletter.
- Errol Morris: The Umbrella Man
- John Fea: Is a Historian Worth $1.6 Million?
- Niall Ferguson: The European Union Is Doomed
- David Gilmour: The End of Italy
- Jeff Madrick: America’s New Robber Barons
- Daniel Amsterdam: Down and Out (Again): America's Long Struggle with Mass Unemployment
- Fouad Ajami: Why Are We Still Backing Hamid Karzai?
- Victor Davis Hanson: Why Does America Defend the Weak and Small?
- Robert Fisk: Ukraine, 1942. What Are We Seeing?
- Lisa Pease: The Other Kennedy Conspiracy
Posted on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 - 19:49
- Maurizio Viroli: Can Italy Put Berlusconi Behind It?
- Walter Russell Mead: Listen Up, Boomers: The Backlash Has Begun
- Niall Ferguson: Europe’s Disaster Is Headed Our Way
- Jonathan Zimmerman: Penn State, Sandusky, and Paterno
- Andrew Hartman: Occupy Wall Street: a New Culture War?
- Robert K. Massie: Catherine the Great's Lessons for Despots
- Michael Lind: America Needs More Powerful Bureaucrats
- Victor Davis Hanson: What America Does Best
- Ramesh Ponnuru: Republicans Lose Way by Misreading Bush History
- Tom Engelhardt: How the Movies Saved My Life
Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 22:05
- Jonathan Zimmerman: Of Boys and Big-Time Sports
- Niall Ferguson: Why the West is Losing Out to the Rest
- Joyce Appleby: The Wealth Divide
- Gil Troy: Nasty, Brutish and Long: The Brilliance of the Modern Campaign
- Michael Kazin: Anarchism Now: Occupy Wall Street Revives an Ideology
- Roger E. Backhouse and Bradley W. Bateman: Wanted: Worldly Economists
- Jefferson Cowie: Beyond Ohio: Why Public Sector Unions Need to Show Solidarity for Private Sector Workers
- Juan Cole: Iran Looks to China, Russia to Break Out of U.S. Sanctions
- Brian Domitrovic: How Historians Boot the Reagan Revolution
- Jason Scott Smith: Remember the CWA, A Government Jobs Program That Worked: Echoes
Posted on Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 21:53
- Sean Wilentz: The Long and Tragical History of Post-Partisanship
- Ruth Rosen: Are Male Baby Boomers Doomed To Become Lonely Seniors?
- Norman Davies: How Historians Will Look Back on Euroland's Demise
- Niall Ferguson: America's 'Oh Sh*T!' Moment
- Bruce J. Schulman: The “Smoke-Filled Room” Never Looked So Good
- Matthew D. Lassiter: Who Speaks for the Silent Majority?
- Richard Lowry: Europe ... From Colonial Powers to Supplicants
- David A. Bell: The Case Against Referendums: From Greece to California, They Always End Up Undermining Democracy
- Walter Isaacson: The Genius of Jobs
- Paul R. Pillar: Apartheid, Then and Now
Posted on Monday, November 7, 2011 - 08:53