Roundup Top 10!
This page provides a weekly list of the Top 10 excerpts from our Roundup Department. The list is emailed to HNN subscribers every Friday. Click here to subscribe to our free newsletter.
- Ron Augustine: The History Education Our Economy Needs
- Samuel Moyn: Face the Nations
- Victor Davis Hanson: Can Israel Survive?
- Michael Kazin: If Republicans Love States’ Rights So Much, Why Do They Want to Be President?
- Tim Stanley: The Tea Party Isn't Anti-Intellectual -- They Just Don't Like Disasterous Ivy-League Policies
- Gareth Evans: Israel and America on the Wrong Side of History
- Max Hastings: There’s No Romance Left in Espionage
- Joyce S. Goldberg: Why I Can No Longer Teach U.S. Military History
- James Renton: Palestine's UN Bid: Lessons from the History of Zionism
- Robert Fisk: German U-Boats Refuelled in Ireland? Surely Not
Posted on Friday, September 23, 2011 - 10:55
- Julian E. Zelizer: If Obama Is a One-Term President
- Benny Morris: Is Israel Over?
- Juan Cole: Ten Years After 9/11, Do the Arabs Value Democracy More than We Do?
- Niall Ferguson: Texting Makes U Stupid
- Jon Wiener: Pearl Harbor and 9/11 ... A Fleeting Day of Infamy
- Susan Matt: Are Today's Young Adults Too Emotionally Dependent on Parents?
- Michael Lind: Pax Americana is Collapsing -- Here's the Debate We Need to Have
- John Barry: The Ghosts of Israel’s Past
- Michael Gerson: Obama Fails the Lincoln Test
- Eric Dezenhall: Operation Underworld ... An Offer An Obama Predecessor Couldn't Refuse
Posted on Friday, September 16, 2011 - 13:09
- Victor Davis Hanson: Post-9/11 Mysteries
- Niall Ferguson: What If 9/11 Had Never Happened?
- Tom Engelhardt: Let’s Cancel 9/11 and Bury the War State's Blank Check at Sea
- Jonathan Zimmerman: For Teachers, No Freedom to Teach about 9/11
- Michael Kazin: What Happened to Labor?
- Stanley Kutler: How Not to Commemorate 9/11
- Judith Stein: Wanted: A New Economy
- Andrew Sullivan: Did Osama Win?
- Timothy Garton Ash: The Years Since 9/11 Already Look Like A Detour, Not the Main Road of History
- Fouad Ajami: From 9/11 to the Arab Spring
Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2011 - 19:13
- Niall Ferguson: After the Fall of Gaddafi
- Andrew Roberts: Our Obsession With 'Looking Presidential'
- Jonathan Zimmerman: When Candidates Won't Face Facts
- Peter Beinart: Neoconservatism ... The Latest 9/11 Casualty
- Clarence Lang: Race, Class, and Obama
- Sam Tanenhaus: Imperial Conservatism’s Last Gasp
- Jerrold M. Post: Moammar Kadafi's Inner 'I'
- John Lewis: What Would Martin Luther King Jr. Say To President Obama?
- Patricia A. Turner: Dangerous White Stereotypes in "The Help"
- Barron H. Lerner: The Annals of Extreme Surgery
Posted on Sunday, September 4, 2011 - 17:13