Roundup Top 10!
This page provides a weekly list of the Top 10 excerpts from our Roundup Department. The list is emailed to HNN subscribers every Friday. Click here to subscribe to our free newsletter.
- Niall Ferguson: World May Soon Face a New Ottoman Empire
- Nelson Lichtenstein: Wal-Mart's Authoritarian Culture
- Juan Cole: Repeal the PATRIOT Act is the Lesson of Bush White House Spying
- Louise Mirrer: What to Do When America Gets an F on Its History Report Card
- George Will: John McCain's Never-Ending War
- Andrei Kalikh: Russia's WWII ... Still Too Many Taboos?
- Sara Lipton: Those Manly Men of Yore
- Peter Beinart: How Romney Is Like Reagan?
- Michael Lind: Why the GOP Should Nominate Barack Obama in 2012
- Anne Applebaum: Everything You Think You Know About the Collapse of the Soviet Union Is Wrong
Posted on Friday, June 24, 2011 - 09:50
- Drew Gilpin Faust: Telling War Stories
- William H. Chafe: Wrestling Partisanship is the American Way
- David W. Lesch: What Could Shake Syria's Regime
- Mark LeVine: Arab Revolutions Mask Economic Status Quo
- Fouad Ajami: Syria ... Where Massacre Is a Family Tradition
- Timothy Garton Ash: European Union ... Everywhere You Look, a Crisis
- Peter Trubowitz: Obama's Trench Warfare ... What the Forty-Fourth President Needs to Learn from Van Buren, Hoover and Nixon
- James R. Holmes: Monroe Doctrines in Asia?
- Dean Nichols: Zhou Enlai's Famous Saying Debunked
- Glenn W. LaFantasie:The Thoroughly American Soul of John Brown
Posted on Friday, June 17, 2011 - 12:44
- Andrew Burstein and Nancy Isenberg: Sarah Palin's Vacation from History
- Andrew J. Bacevich: Afghanistan ... Obama's Moment of Decision
- Jonathan Zimmerman: When Teachers Talk Out of School
- Michael Kazin: The "˜Indignants": Can They Save the European Left?
- Michael Oren: Remembering Six Days in 1967
- John M. Shaw: Sarah Palin and Paul Revere
- Rich Lowry: Obama at War ... Making Nixon Proud
- Michael Lind: The Case Against "American Exceptionalism"
- Harold James: Food for Revolution
- Leonard Pitts Jr.: Like Sarah Palin, Many of Us Don't Know U.S. History
Posted on Monday, June 13, 2011 - 18:09
- Anthony Grafton and James Grossman: The Wrong Way to Lower College Costs
- Diane Ravitch: Waiting for a School Miracle
- Walter Laqueur: Another Revolution Betrayed
- Walter Russell Mead: The Death of the American Dream
- Mike Green: Republican Candidates Should Embrace Their Inner Teddy Roosevelt
- Timothy Garton Ash: Ratko Mladic's Extradition is a Great Day for International Justice
- Ray Fisman: The Persistence of Hate
- Niall Ferguson: Austerity Works
- Andrew J. Bacevich: How America Screws Its Soldiers
- Robert Zaretsky: War and Work are the Forces of Life
Posted on Friday, June 3, 2011 - 16:55