Week of December 12, 2011
HNN Donation Drive: Support HNN Like You Mean It
If you support the kind of quality journalism HNN provides now is the time to show it.
Make a donation today.
Newt Gingrich the Galactic Historian
Occupy: You Can’t Evict an Idea
Questions People are Googling
- Only 1/3rd of Americans Supported the American Revolution?
- Did Everybody in the Greatest Generation Fight ?
- Did the Founding Fathers Really Get Many of Their Ideas of Liberty from the Iroquois?
- Why was Caesar Really Killed?
- Did States Restrict the Voting Rights of Felons on Account of Racism?
- Robert Higgs: Why Do So Many People Automatically and Angrily Condemn Historical Revisionism? (L & P)
- Brett Holman: Remembering the Pacific War at Monash (Clio)
- Chris Bray: George Lakoff Isn't a Historian, but that Excuse Only Goes So Far (Clio)
News at Home
Theodore and Barack in Osawatomie
Miss USA and Mr. FAA: Our Latest Drunk Drivers
Barron H. Lerner
The Remoteness of 1 Percent Wars
William J. Astore
Historians & History
How Do Staid Museums Navigate a User-Generated World?
Bill Adair, Benjamin Filene, and Laura Koloski
J. Edgar Fails to Deliver the Historical Goods
Aaron J. Stockham
Bonnie & Clyde Shoot Up America in the Great Depression
A Cold Christmas for this "Christmas Carol"