Transfer of Wealth
When America elected Barak Obama almost everyone thought there would be new massive transfers of wealth from the rich to the poor in the socialist tradition. What we did not know is that the money would be mostly moving in the other direction.
comments powered by Disqus
Mark Brady - 6/17/2009
I don't think most of the support for Obama's "hope and change" message was based on an expectation there would be "new massive transfers of wealth from the rich to the poor in the socialist tradition." And I suggest many Republican supporters used this suggestion to scare voters into supporting the Republican ticket.
And given the huge financial support from Wall Street and elsewhere for Obama over the years, it's clear that important interests knew he was a "safe pair of hands."
Keith Halderman - 6/16/2009
I think the people who supported Obama expected it as their due, while libertarians and conservatives felt it was the main reason Obama should not be president.
Mark Brady - 6/16/2009
But did "almost everyone [think] there would be new massive transfers of wealth from the rich to the poor in the socialist tradition"?
- So Cliven Bundy never said blacks might have been better off under slavery?
- Mussolini's birthplace in Italy to get a fascist museum
- Historical sex objects to feature in British classrooms
- All Russian World War I Documents Available Online
- Jihadists gone, masons are working to restore the mausoleums of Timbuktu
- Cultural historian who helped end censorship of "Lady Chatterley's Lover," dies
- Thomas Slaughter interviewed about his new book on the American Revolution
- Historian Michael Ignatieff writes a memoir explaining why he failed in politics
- Olivia Remie Constable, director of the Medieval Institute at Notre Dame since 2009, passes away
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history