And the Answer Is...
This Jeopardy contestant had 74 consecutive wins, earning $2,520,700, for most money won and most wins recorded on a TV game show. He's the subject of an A&E Biography tomorrow night, and competes against himself in scheduled appearances on Nightline and the Late Show with David Letterman tonight. And he just lost in his 75th appearance on this classic game show.
Question: Who is Ken Jennings?
Congratulations, Ken! What a terrific run!
Update: Jennings' actual winnings totaled $2,522,700. He got that extra $2,000 for coming in second in his losing round. And Nancy Zerg, who beat Jennings on Nov. 30th, lost, and came in third, on Dec. 1st.
Chris Matthew Sciabarra - 12/1/2004
That is so funny... I actually had similar thoughts myself.
Chris Rasmussen - 11/30/2004
And how interesting is it that Ken's answer to the final question (or is that question to the final answer - at least on "Jeopardy") was a company who has managed to sucessfully compete against the monopolistic provider of first-class mail in the United States (Fed Ex), but where the correct answer (question) was a company who profits from the very institution of the state and the collection of taxes (H&R Block.) Hmmmmmm....
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch