Amazing Graphics on Economic Growth
Although not perfect, this video from a TED conference dramatically illustrates the benefits of economic growth. But what is even more amazing is how Hans Rosling's advanced graphics mange to display statistical information meaningfully.
comments powered by Disqus
Steven Horwitz - 5/16/2009
That stats package he used for the health data is available at gapminder.org . It's as cool as it looks and it's VERY effective pedagogically with students. It has all kinds of economic and demographic data. I used it to show economic growth across the world since the early 1700s. The impact of the Industrial Revolution is unmistakable.
- Is it a reminder of Nazis or a historical object worthy of saving?
- Supreme Court reveals that the docket books of many justices survive -- and are being made available
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not Black
- New technology helps paleontologists see Ice-Age bee in intricate detail
- History textbooks in crosshairs of Australia's curriculum wars
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!
- UW Professor Stephanie Camp, 46, feminist historian, dies