Amazing Graphics on Economic Growth
Although not perfect, this video from a TED conference dramatically illustrates the benefits of economic growth. But what is even more amazing is how Hans Rosling's advanced graphics mange to display statistical information meaningfully.
comments powered by Disqus
Steven Horwitz - 5/16/2009
That stats package he used for the health data is available at gapminder.org . It's as cool as it looks and it's VERY effective pedagogically with students. It has all kinds of economic and demographic data. I used it to show economic growth across the world since the early 1700s. The impact of the Industrial Revolution is unmistakable.
- New Hampshire professors at odds with library over discarded books
- Troubled history fuels Japan-China tension
- Independent Scotland's last gasp forgotten in Panama jungle
- LBJ was the ‘most-threatened president in American history’
- New exhibit at the World War I Museum ... Over by Christmas: August-December 1914
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding