Is Murder by Drone a War Crime?
comments powered by Disqus
Keith Halderman - 5/7/2009
Anthony Gregory - 5/7/2009
I oppose the government killing foreign leaders, of course, but they are surely the most worthy of being killed. A morality that forbids assassinating dictators but allows for killing inferiors and incidental civilians is deeply flawed.
Yes, Obama's drone attacks constitute acts of mass murder, as were Bush's bombings and attacks that killed civilians, and Clinton's, and Bush I's, and Reagan's, as well as Nixons, LBJ's, Eisenhower's, Truman's, FDR's, Wilson's and Teddy Roosevelt's. Every single one of these characters committed crimes at least on par with the torture crimes ordered from on high and conducted on the battlefield and in America's foreign dungeons.
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- The most important battle you've probably never heard of
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin.
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians