Over at The Austrian Economists, Pete Boettke labels G. W. Bush the"worst president of my lifetime" and offers some damn good reasons for that label.
But is he the worst ever? From a libertarian perspective, the case could be made.
comments powered by Disqus
Aeon J. Skoble - 12/7/2007
Bush may be misusing the military, but at least they're all volunteers. LBJ and RMN were using slaves. Worst ever is too strong.
Anthony Gregory - 12/7/2007
Yes, and I think Truman and Lincoln are still worse, as well.
LBJ and Nixon mass-drafted Americans and killed hundreds of thousands of people, making them at least in the same league as Bush.
Gary McGath - 12/7/2007
I don't think he's worse than Wilson or Franklin Roosevelt. No one's been sentenced to 10 years for criticizing the government or removed from his home for having Japanese (or Muslim) parents.
- Five Things You Need to Know to be a Better Digital Preservationist
- Book on Losing British Generals Wins American History Prize
- Stanford scholar explores civil rights revolution's positive impact on the South's economy
- Harvard Historian Nancy Koehn on Amazon's Tentacular Reach
- Q&A with historian and author Nick Turse