Over at The Austrian Economists, Pete Boettke labels G. W. Bush the"worst president of my lifetime" and offers some damn good reasons for that label.
But is he the worst ever? From a libertarian perspective, the case could be made.
comments powered by Disqus
Aeon J. Skoble - 12/8/2007
Bush may be misusing the military, but at least they're all volunteers. LBJ and RMN were using slaves. Worst ever is too strong.
Anthony Gregory - 12/7/2007
Yes, and I think Truman and Lincoln are still worse, as well.
LBJ and Nixon mass-drafted Americans and killed hundreds of thousands of people, making them at least in the same league as Bush.
Gary McGath - 12/7/2007
I don't think he's worse than Wilson or Franklin Roosevelt. No one's been sentenced to 10 years for criticizing the government or removed from his home for having Japanese (or Muslim) parents.
- Jihadists gone, masons are working to restore the mausoleums of Timbuktu
- Armenians say Erdogan didn't go far enough
- Chinese Director Fires Back at Oliver Stone
- Jim DeMint chastised for this claim: People of faith did more to end slavery than the federal government
- Sunken ship discovery in SF Bay revives memories of xenophobia
- Cultural historian who helped end censorship of "Lady Chatterley's Lover," dies
- Thomas Slaughter interviewed about his new book on the American Revolution
- Historian Michael Ignatieff writes a memoir explaining why he failed in politics
- Olivia Remie Constable, director of the Medieval Institute at Notre Dame since 2009, passes away
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history