Over at The Austrian Economists, Pete Boettke labels G. W. Bush the"worst president of my lifetime" and offers some damn good reasons for that label.
But is he the worst ever? From a libertarian perspective, the case could be made.
comments powered by Disqus
Aeon J. Skoble - 12/8/2007
Bush may be misusing the military, but at least they're all volunteers. LBJ and RMN were using slaves. Worst ever is too strong.
Anthony Gregory - 12/7/2007
Yes, and I think Truman and Lincoln are still worse, as well.
LBJ and Nixon mass-drafted Americans and killed hundreds of thousands of people, making them at least in the same league as Bush.
Gary McGath - 12/7/2007
I don't think he's worse than Wilson or Franklin Roosevelt. No one's been sentenced to 10 years for criticizing the government or removed from his home for having Japanese (or Muslim) parents.
- T. rex fossils arrive at Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History
- Quote of the Day -- Time Magazine's Top 100 People
- Investigation: The Resegregation of America's Schools
- 5 Explosive Revelations Leaked from Senate Report Exposing CIA Torture
- In Parts of the South, Glorifying Slavery No Longer Pays the Bills
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!