Over at The Austrian Economists, Pete Boettke labels G. W. Bush the"worst president of my lifetime" and offers some damn good reasons for that label.
But is he the worst ever? From a libertarian perspective, the case could be made.
comments powered by Disqus
Aeon J. Skoble - 12/8/2007
Bush may be misusing the military, but at least they're all volunteers. LBJ and RMN were using slaves. Worst ever is too strong.
Anthony Gregory - 12/7/2007
Yes, and I think Truman and Lincoln are still worse, as well.
LBJ and Nixon mass-drafted Americans and killed hundreds of thousands of people, making them at least in the same league as Bush.
Gary McGath - 12/7/2007
I don't think he's worse than Wilson or Franklin Roosevelt. No one's been sentenced to 10 years for criticizing the government or removed from his home for having Japanese (or Muslim) parents.
- New Hampshire professors at odds with library over discarded books
- Troubled history fuels Japan-China tension
- Independent Scotland's last gasp forgotten in Panama jungle
- LBJ was the ‘most-threatened president in American history’
- New exhibit at the World War I Museum ... Over by Christmas: August-December 1914
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding