PERHAPS THIS IS THE TENURE ISSUE?
Although I generally agree with the tenor of Robert's questions about Charles' concerns over tenure (namely that it's not so"under threat"), every once in awhile something like this comes along, and I get deeply concerned. Thanks to Instapundit for the pointer.
comments powered by Disqus
Steven Horwitz - 2/4/2004
Yeah, this one isn't just about liberal vs. conservative. This is a power-mad, if not crazy, dean, and a university unwilling to deal with him. Just a nightmare.
Jonathan Dresner - 2/3/2004
Honestly, stuff like the Deming case makes me wonder if I should just pack up my home computer and never write anything except tests and journal articles. I have the advantage of being liberal, so I don't draw the same collegial fire, perhaps. But that doesn't mean that I'm not ticking people off.....
- New Hampshire professors at odds with library over discarded books
- Troubled history fuels Japan-China tension
- Independent Scotland's last gasp forgotten in Panama jungle
- LBJ was the ‘most-threatened president in American history’
- New exhibit at the World War I Museum ... Over by Christmas: August-December 1914
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding