I Make the New York Times
Check out yesterday's (4 July 2006) NEW YORK TIMES. On page A17 is a column by John Tierney, "Disunited States of America," which at the end favorably and extensively mentions me, my book, Emancipating Slaves, Enslaving Free Men, and San Jose State University.
P.S. In my excitement, I neglected to report that Tierney's column also mentions Liberty & Power's own John Majewski of UC, Santa Barbara.
comments powered by Disqus
Sheldon Richman - 7/8/2006
Excellent! Tierney is very perceptive. Congratulations, Jeff!
Aeon J. Skoble - 7/6/2006
Saw it -- congrats!! That's excellent.
Gene Healy - 7/6/2006
Congrats Jeff: excellent write-up, and very cool to see one of my favorite books get some of the attention it deserves.
Craig J. Bolton - 7/6/2006
A very small fraction of the acknowledgement you deserve for an excellent work that should be read by every libertarian and everyone interested in the civil war.
- New Hampshire professors at odds with library over discarded books
- Troubled history fuels Japan-China tension
- Independent Scotland's last gasp forgotten in Panama jungle
- LBJ was the ‘most-threatened president in American history’
- New exhibit at the World War I Museum ... Over by Christmas: August-December 1914
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding