An Interesting Video
As readers will be aware, the British general election campaign concludes with the poll on Thursday. Immigration is a key issue and one that touches on people's concerns about jobs and welfare and national identity.
What may strike American visitors in particular and foreign visitors in general is how so many members of ethnic minorities are thoroughly assimilated into British society. I suggest this truth comes through very clearly in this video about three black candidates, one from each of the three main parties: Chuka Umunna, Karen Hamilton, and Wilfred Emmanuel-Jones.
comments powered by Disqus
Keith Halderman - 5/4/2010
Mark I had noticed the controversy concerning Gordon Brown's overheard remarks and then I thought I saw something saying that the Liberal- Democratic candidate was ahead of him. How would you characterize the overall position on government of that party? Also, I did like this video, however, they are ALL so nice until they get some power.
- So Cliven Bundy never said blacks might have been better off under slavery?
- Mussolini's birthplace in Italy to get a fascist museum
- Historical sex objects to feature in British classrooms
- All Russian World War I Documents Available Online
- Jihadists gone, masons are working to restore the mausoleums of Timbuktu
- Cultural historian who helped end censorship of "Lady Chatterley's Lover," dies
- Thomas Slaughter interviewed about his new book on the American Revolution
- Historian Michael Ignatieff writes a memoir explaining why he failed in politics
- Olivia Remie Constable, director of the Medieval Institute at Notre Dame since 2009, passes away
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history