HNN Hot Topics: Earthquake, Tsunami, and Meltdown in JapanHot Topics
- 1923 Kanto Earthquake: Echoes from Japan's Past
- For Elderly, Echoes of War's Horrors in Post-Quake Japan
- HNN Hot Topics: 2010 Haitian Earthquake
- HNN Hot Topics: 2004 Pacific Tsunami
- Frank Uekoetter: The Atomic Age After Fukushima—Time for an Epilogue?
- Jonathan Schell: From Hiroshima to Fukushima
- David Rothkopf: The Lessons of Japan's Disaster and the Losses It Did and Did Not Produce
- William Tucker: Japan Does Not Face Another Chernobyl
- Simon Winchester: The Scariest Earthquake Is Yet to Come
- Andrew DeWit and Iida Tetsunari: A Brief Recent History of Japanese Nuclear Power
- Cristine Russell: A Japanese Three Mile Island?
- David Pilling: Lessons learnt from Kobe quake
- Judith Apter Klinghoffer: Tragedy Strikes Japan and U.S.
- C.J. Maloney: Those Lucky, Lucky Japanese
- Jonathan Dresner: History As It Happens
comments powered by Disqus
- The Surprisingly Complex Link Between Prohibition and Women’s Rights
- Snopes: Did Clifford Walker Say at a 1924 KKK Rally That He Would Build a ‘Wall of Steel’ Against Immigrants?
- Race and Service in the Pacific During World War II
- Judge Overturns Alabama Law Preventing Removal of Confederate Monuments
- Beyond Rosa Luxemburg: five more women of the German revolution you need to know about
- Was Eric Hobsbawm a dangerous Communist?
- Who Is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Like in American History? Historians Weigh In
- Jessica Wilkerson: If We Forget Appalachia's Radical History, We Will Misunderstand Its Future
- Stanford Professor Emeritus Harold Kahn, who specialized in Chinese history, dead at 88
- A Lost Piece of Trans History